Mee Jian Kuih Recipe 麵煎粿
30g caster sugar
30ml canola or sunflower oil
125g plain flour
3g baking powder
1g baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
80g toasted peanuts, grind coarsely
70g caster sugar
20g salted butter, cut into small pieces
1) Combine egg and sugar in a medium bowl, beat the mixture with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
2) Add oil to the mixture, stir until combine. Then stir in half of the amount of water.
3) Sift plain flour, baking powder and baking soda onto the batter, then mix thoroughly.
4) Then stir in remaining water and vanilla essence into the batter.
5) Lightly grease a 30cm flat frying pan and put it on medium heat.
6) Pour the batter into the pan and when the pancake is almost cooked, sprinkle peanuts, sugar and pieces of butter on it.
7) When the pancake is fully cooked, flip one side over and fold in half. Dish out the pancake and then cut into 4 wedges. Serve.